56 a fahsan pahn!

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Al Valentino
Senior MemberPosts: 4,051Gear list
Like?
Re: 56 a fahsan pahn!
In reply to Caerolle, 6 months ago

Caerolle wrote:

I have seen nothing to indicate the 56 is anything but vaporware at this point. Based on the time it took them to get the 55-200 and 23 out, I would not expect to have one in my hand until next fall, personally, but Al V., who is much smarter and more reasonable than I am, feels they will out in Asia and Europe late in Q1/14. If that is true, maybe toward the end of this year some will be in the hands of testers?

Sadly, although that was the estimate from the latest roadmap update of 9/13, the latest rumor now has it shipping/available closer to spring/2014. But, I suspect we will know more in January one way or the other.

Fuji will update their roadmap probably in January after CES and if they announce the new weather sealed body then, they will also have to update the roadmap to include the new fast, f/2.8, weather sealed zooms - (these new lenses seem real as my source was a conversation with a product manager at a show in NY last week)

-- hide signature --

Fuji XE1 w/14, 18-55, 55-200, Rokinon 8mm Fisheye & Tamron 90mm f/2.8 Macro

Al Valentino's gear list:Al Valentino's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow