Mirrorless DSLR..sorry but they are pretty crap

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
brycesteiner
Senior MemberPosts: 1,246Gear list
Like?
Re: I know what you mean
In reply to Tommot1965, 6 months ago

Tommot1965 wrote:

what I mean is because of the Lag in low light and the VF blackout( which I thought was quite a bit) using the Mirrorless camera I tried today ( EM1) would be almost useless in a dim lit studio doing commercial work with a model..you could get away doing product photography..but not anything that required ebb and flow between you and the model..it was just too darn slow...

Id take on on holiday...or the pub...but that about it..and after all the Mirrorless / DSLR debates and the so called demise of the DSLR ..I just can't see how a pro will work with these new cameras unless they improve that weakness by a factor of ten ( or more )

John Gellings wrote:

Tommot1965 wrote:

if your serious about you hobby/profession then the Mirrorless is just a toy\

i.e. if the OP doesn't like them, they cannot possibly work for anyone. Photography is about framing and content... not camera wars. Most mirrorless cameras provide more resolution than 35mm film... yet, nobody complained about 35mm film being a toy.

I had the exact same issue when I received my E-M5 and it was bad. The blackout was terrible, especially because I do sports and I need it back on ASAP. It took me at least 3 weeks to figure out what was wrong. I was working on switching back to the E-30. Olympus defaults the EM cameras to a half second delay. Who knows why???? I wasted I don't know how much time on this. It's an easy fix. Just go to the wrench menu and change Rec View to Off. It will be fast just like you'd expect from an SLR.

The other problem can also be fixed by changing the camera EVF camera setting to high.

-- hide signature --

Make it a Great day!

brycesteiner's gear list:brycesteiner's gear list
Olympus E-510 Olympus E-30 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow