DxOMark on Nikon 1 Nikkor 10-100 mm VR f4.0-5.6

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
retro76
Regular MemberPosts: 159
Like?
Re: DxOMark on Nikon 1 Nikkor 10-100 mm VR f4.0-5.6
In reply to SunnyFlorida, 11 months ago

retro76 wrote:

Personally I just don't think there is any value to DXO. It just never seems to match my real world experience.

Do you own the 10-100mm lens? can you post some of your unedited "real world experience" samples to illustrate how the lens sharpness, distortion and CA stack up vs the DxO findings?

Nope don't own it, but DXO ratings are pointless to me (of course your mileage may vary). I don't concern myself with graphs and charts, I take a lens and use it and if I am pleased with the results than I feel comfortable with my purchase. I never agree with their findings and don't understand that latest trend in using them as a guide, I'd much rather speak to photographers who have used a lens than bother myself with numeric figures that really can't represent how a lens captures an image: there are too many variables and conditions to take into consideration and of course the end result is purely subjective and simply cannot be measured.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow