ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
TSGames
Forum MemberPosts: 60
Like?
Web-Image Browser for NAS-Storages or Servers
Oct 31, 2013

Hi all,

I was always struggeling to access my image database from the web. Even with a fast connection it feels like ages until big images (especially from the DSLR) are loaded. I usually don't need the full resolution to show them to someone, though.

So I decided to develop a small, web-based server-interface. You can access all the images on your server simply by accessing the web-page. The trick: The tool down-samples images on the server-side, previews embedded EXIF-Thumbs for faster browsing and even displays common RAW-Formats.

You need a Server (or NAS-Storage) which supports Apache and PHP 5. I've tried it on my Windows-Server and it works fine for my purposes so far, I can even access the image with my Smartphone or Tablet quite easily and quick. So I thought this might be helpful for some of you as well.

You can play around with it, of course it's free and feel free to modify it. Please use it on your own risk!

You can find the download at my forum:
http://photo-mate.com/forum/index.php?page=Thread&postID=28#post28

P.S.: I hope this is the right forum. Otherwise, could a Moderator please move it to an other one?

Regards

Torsten

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow