Mirrorless DSLR..sorry but they are pretty crap

Started Oct 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
jalywol
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,144Gear list
Like?
Err, in case nobody noticed, the OP did go back and retry the camera...
In reply to Tommot1965, Oct 31, 2013

with the EVF settings properly adjusted in the camera. Here's his update (it's buried in the posts above) http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/52433431

As to EVF vs OVF....I think it depends on what you are most comfortable with.  I had SLRs for years, and, even with the split screen viewfinder, I had a devil of a time manually focusing accurately.  When I moved to DSLRs, I always had trouble with that also, but AF made the point mostly moot.  When I got my first M43 camera, the first time I used the EVF, I instantly found manual focus easy, for the first time ever.  Now, when I use an OVF (after using M43s for about 3 years), it feels like going back to stone knives and bearskins.  I am so used to having instant feedback about WB, color, exposure, DOF, etc, that going back to a simple OVF leaves me really missing information that I rely on to get the most accurate shot I can.

I understand that an EVF is not for everyone.  However, for me, it really enhances the entire photographic process, and I think I do better work with it as a result.

Oh, and the EVF on the EM1 is pretty remarkable.  It's the best one out there at this point (and I have tried all of the other M43 ones as well as the Sonys).  I can't say how it does with sports, though, since I am more of a macro and architectural shooter....

The technological advancement pace of the mirrorless camera technology has been really remarkable.  These are very advanced products at this point, capable of producing exceptional image quality in a small and convenient size.  Honestly, what's not to like?

-J

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow