Started Oct 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mr Gadget
Senior MemberPosts: 1,846
Like?
Re: No D400!
In reply to redhed17, Oct 31, 2013

redhed17 wrote:

Janoch wrote:

I've played with the D7100 as well... and every time I see someone suggesting, this should be the successor of the D300s, I always think, that a) they don't have a D300s or b) they have settled!

But I have just given up on the D400... a "new" Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8 is on it's way to replace my beloved little 12-24mm f/4, as I will go to the D800.

Well the Nikon 'no D400 strategy' has definitely worked with you. A D800 'and' a Nikon 17-35mm. Kerching.

And some people think they don't know what they are doing. lol

Or, sometimes ya gotta quit beating the dead horse, pick yourself up and get on with it.

I have been waiting for a good three years for Nikon to produce a succesor to the D300 - actually my D2x and I gotta say that it doesnt look like it is coming anytime soon. During this waiting time I have passed my three score and ten birthday and am finding that I am not shooting sport/action like I did, moving more toward street/candid and photographing classic cars/hot rods etc which dosent requie the reach nor build quality that I currently have.

So with my changing needs I find myself really enjoying shooting my X100. I also like the way Fujifilm treats and supports their customers. So with Nikon forcing me into buying more glass I am seriously considering investing in the Fuji X system X-E2. I was ready to pull the preorder trigger on it when the Df rumors started, so I decided to wait until it is announced to see how it is priced and how functional it might be. For me Nikon has about run out of time.

-- hide signature --

Conrad
---------------------------------------------------
Show Low, Arizona

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow