56 a fahsan pahn!

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Bernie Ess
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,911Gear list
Like?
Re: 56 a fahsan pahn!
In reply to Asylum Photo, 9 months ago
My only real worry is that Fuji isn't the biggest company, so if the X line doesn't turn profits for them, it could be dropped.

I guess those rumours are unfounded: FR just published today that it is the x- line that is the cash cow within Fujifilm, compacts will be more or less dropped and X- business expanded because only there is money to be made (cameras and lenses).

I also believe it is quite realistic now that Fuji will eventually release the mythic organic sensor, and that it will start almost a new era. It is rumoured to have exceptional DR (clearly better than cmos), extra low noise and great high ISO even when Pixels get as small as 3µm - which will allow for very densely packed APSc sensors without compromising the IQ.

If this will become reality, Fuji can make a true leap in market share. So far all they have done in the x- ILC domain was very good, and also well received.

The only problematic thing might be them entering the FF market, because this would mean competition in- house, also the value of Dx lenses will diminish.

Bernie

-- hide signature --

'All the technique in the world doesn’t compensate for the inability to notice.' (Elliot Erwitt)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow