Started Oct 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
jhinkey
Senior MemberPosts: 2,447Gear list
Like?
Re: Mirrorless DSLR..sorry but they are pretty crap
In reply to Martin.au, Oct 31, 2013

Martin.au wrote:

Tommot1965 wrote:

very much so..but as you said Martin it's very customizable ..I really quite enjoyed using it..now to see if the image quality is what I want..I may buy it and for now run it with the D800...I liked the specs of the Oly 12-40 lens..looks good..they are available in a kit I believe, but stock is low where I live ...

I like the connectivity via WIFI and it really felt great in my hand

martin.au wrote:

:

Good to hear. Pretty intense menu system, isn't it?

Your D800 should be much better in IQ. However, I found when I went to the OM-D, that I now take it everywhere. I've got mine in a small shoulder bag (Lowepro Urban sling 150), with a 60mm macro (120mm in 35mm terms), the small FL300r Flash, 75mm f1.8, 75-300mm, 12-50mm (soon to be 12-40) and occasionally, a fisheye.

Glad to hear that he got a much better experience the second time around.

As an owner of a D800 I fully appreciate my Pany GH-2 for the compactness of the body and the lenses.  So easy to throw the GH-2 + 75/1.8 in a bag and you hardly know it's there.

Sure the DR/noise is not in the same league as my D800, but it's sharp, has great video, and the image quality is pretty much the same as my D300 - which was plenty good enough in the day.

Looking forward to getting a black GX-7 and perhaps swapping out my 12-35/2.8 for the Oly 12-40 and picking up the new 14-140 for video.

The soon-to-be-released DF from Nikon, depending on it's specs and price may push me to swap the D800 for it as it may match my use style better.

EVFs have come a long way and are really quite good in many respects.

jhinkey's gear list:jhinkey's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Nikon D800 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow