Canon and Nikon dominate the photo world, but I don't understand why.

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Tony Beach
Senior MemberPosts: 4,804
Like?
From one fanboy to another
In reply to Basalite, 11 months ago

Basalite wrote:

jidery wrote:

I shoot Sony, the only camera maker with SLT and one of the few with EVF. Then there is Pentax, one of the few SLR's with in body stabilization. On the smaller side you have Fuji, probably the best mirror less camera out there. Olympus and Panasonic are pushing the boundaries of what can be done with a small sensor.

Canon and Nikon are just boring compared to Sony, Olympus, Pentax, Panasonic, and Fuji. I don't understand why Canon and Nikon dominate with their lack of innovation.

You are seeking recognition for "innovation" and "pushing boundaries" and yet you failed to mention Sigma. Sigma cameras and the Foveon sensors they use have done far more to improve image quality (admittedly only at low ISOs) than any other camera maker. One of the reasons why Canon and Nikon dominate is for the same reason you failed to mention Sigma. The other reason is that they traditionally had more complete systems than other camera makers, especially when it came to professional level equipment. On the professional side that is basically still the case.

You're both sad characters.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
LOLNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow