Canon and Nikon dominate the photo world, but I don't understand why.

Started Oct 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
Bill Robb
Senior MemberPosts: 3,332
Like?
Re: Canon and Nikon dominate the photo world, but I don't understand why.
In reply to jidery, Oct 31, 2013

jidery wrote:

I shoot Sony, the only camera maker with SLT and one of the few with EVF. Then there is Pentax, one of the few SLR's with in body stabilization. On the smaller side you have Fuji, probably the best mirror less camera out there. Olympus and Panasonic are pushing the boundaries of what can be done with a small sensor.

Canon and Nikon are just boring compared to Sony, Olympus, Pentax, Panasonic, and Fuji. I don't understand why Canon and Nikon dominate with their lack of innovation.

Your kidding, right? Canon and Nikon have innovated the highest performance systems available. Along comes a couple of wannabe pretenders who've done all their innovation in the last six months and all of a sudden Canon and Nikon are somehow lacking in innovation?

What was Sony doing 5 years ago? Oops, nothing.

What was Olympus doing two years ago other than being subject to criminal investigation?

What was Fuji doing three years ago? Not much, really.

Five years ago Pentax was almost a defunct company. It's just in the last month we've seen some life being blown back into that brand.

Canon and Nikon have been working very hard on brand loyalty for decades. Their dominance in the industry is a reflection of that, as well as the fact they are still making the most complete and comprehensive systems available to photographers.

Before anyone calls me out for being a fan boy, I shoot Pentax and Fuji cameras.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
LOLNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow