Mirrorless DSLR..sorry but they are pretty crap

Started Oct 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Tommot1965
Contributing MemberPosts: 927Gear list
Like?
Re: Mirrorless DSLR..sorry but they are pretty crap
In reply to Martin.au, Oct 31, 2013

Err..so I went and gave the EM1 another try today..this time a oly shooter walked me through it..everything that you guys said here for the reasons behind the VF lag were correct...after setting up the camera for fast VF performance the camera worked really nice ...I must admit I was totally wrong and this little camera is very useful now I've had a chance to try it a 2nd time

many apologies for being a prat

Martin.au wrote:

Tommot1965 wrote:

Righto Martin I look at that too...sounds feasible...

cheers

Martin.au wrote:

Tommot, the VF blackout you're seeing is probably the 0.5s playback that's set by default. (like an autochimp). You need to turn that off too.

Errr, damn. Now I need to figure out where the various settings you need to set are.

Ok

Peaking has to be disabled, otherwise you don't get the high frame rate.

cog menu:

A -> MF assist -> Peaking off (has to be off under buttons too, but I think that's default).

B-> Button Function -> Peaking should be off in all these

D -> Live View Boost -> Off

D -> Frame Rate -> High (If it's greyed out it means that something (probably peaking) is conflicting with it.

J -> EVF Adjust (If you want to adjust colour or brightness of the EVF)

J -> EVF Adjust -> EVF Autoluminance -> Off (Maybe play with that option a bit. Not necessary to change it)

Spanner menu -> Rec View -> Off

Enjoy.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow