Canon and Nikon dominate the photo world, but I don't understand why.

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ultimitsu
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,438
Like?
Re: Canon and Nikon dominate the photo world, but I don't understand why.
In reply to Promit, 9 months ago

Promit wrote:

It doesn't really enter into the equation that a Rebel has very little to do with the 1D showing a bright white lens at a sporting event.

That isnt true. I bought my 70-200 F4 IS when I only had a 1000D. If you to go the rebel forum in DPR, you will see a lot of people there with rebel class body have one or more white lens.

Sure the 70-200 is not 600/4 or 300/2.8, but it shares the same engineering proficiency in the bigger lenses - the use of fluoride element, CA correction, USM, IS design are all common technology between the white lenses. That is what makes the Canon 70-200s so good.

I would also argue that even lower end bodies benefit from technology trickled down from pro bodies. Canon XXD line has always been considered to be poorman's wild life camera, while they dont have as many AF points as 1D line, the technology is the same, they are just as accurate and only a tab slower.

Furthermore, Canon and nikon cameras are generally much more "quirk-free" compared to other brands. I would say that is due to their extensive experience with pro-grade system, firmware, and ergonomic design.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
LOLNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow