Mirrorless DSLR..sorry but they are pretty crap

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Lance B
Forum ProPosts: 26,783Gear list
Like?
Re: Mirrorless DSLR..sorry but they are pretty crap
In reply to Tommot1965, 9 months ago

Tommot1965 wrote:

:-)...Ill start the thread with a smile..but after trying a Oly EM1 today EVFs will have to be a quantum leap better before I go that way..VF blackout was terrible as was the colours that the VF displayed..Lag is also a problem..sorry and all but I fear Ill have to lug the D800 a while longer or look at the new Df or whatever its going to be called ....

if your serious about you hobby/profession then the Mirrorless is just a toy

im not prepared to lose that connection with the subject and the EVF does just that.. other than that it was not a bad camera

I must say I am not a fan of mirroless as it stands today. I have tried them and I find them a technical gimick at the moment. May be it will change, but they have a looong way to go, IMO.

What alarms me is that people who sell these mirrorless cameras are being urged to do so by sales staff in camera stores who have pressure put on them by those camera manufacturers and advise many unwary new to DSLR customers that they are the latest and greatest and "better than Optical VF's" simply because they are the "latest and supposedly greatest". These new to DSLR customers are probably unawares of the advantage that OVF's have over current technology mirrorless cameras and may be being duped into buying them when the technology isn't really there yet. Yes, they probably may suit the majority of their photography, but when itcomes to push and shove and to some critical action shots or whatever, they may fall down on the job.

Lance B's gear list:Lance B's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 500mm f/4G ED VR +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow