Contributing MemberPosts: 506
Like?
Re: Mirrorless DSLR..sorry but they are pretty crap
In reply to Martin.au, 9 months ago

Martin.au wrote:

pcm81 wrote:

Martin.au wrote:

Tommot1965 wrote:

Righto Martin I look at that too...sounds feasible...

cheers

Martin.au wrote:

Tommot, the VF blackout you're seeing is probably the 0.5s playback that's set by default. (like an autochimp). You need to turn that off too.

Errr, damn. Now I need to figure out where the various settings you need to set are.

Ok

Peaking has to be disabled, otherwise you don't get the high frame rate.

cog menu:

A -> MF assist -> Peaking off (has to be off under buttons too, but I think that's default).

B-> Button Function -> Peaking should be off in all these

D -> Live View Boost -> Off

D -> Frame Rate -> High (If it's greyed out it means that something (probably peaking) is conflicting with it.

J -> EVF Adjust (If you want to adjust colour or brightness of the EVF)

J -> EVF Adjust -> EVF Autoluminance -> Off (Maybe play with that option a bit. Not necessary to change it)

Spanner menu -> Rec View -> Off

Enjoy.

I'd love to watch someone do this in the middle of runway photoshoot. I bet with practice downtime can be reduced to 30 seconds or less. Although would be no problem, while casually walking through the streets of Paris.

-- hide signature --

1. D800 is the first camera with resolution so high that it simply does not matter.
2. Most people who do not own/shoot d800 missunderstand it. Color depth and accuracy in addition to resolution is what makes d800 great. Resolution alone is over rated.

Why would anyone do that?

You set it up once, to get the camera how you like it, and that's it. Once an E-M1 is set up you should hardly ever need to go into the menus.

While you are trying to object to my humor; you are actually proving my main point. The "small and easy to use" type of camera is a camera that you do not need to change the settings on. In turn this limits what you can do with it. In a bigger body  you can always pack more OOHMF and mirror-less cameras selling point will always be smaller, lighter body. So they will never have as much flexibility as DSLRs. Is that a bad thing? No. For some size and weight are a deciding factor. I like my d800 with a grip and 70-200 vr2 mounted to it; my parents prefer point and shoot that fits in their pocket... Mirror-less and DSLRs are not competing with each-other; they are supplementing each-other.

-- hide signature --

1. D800 is the first camera with resolution so high that it simply does not matter.
2. Most people who do not own/shoot d800 missunderstand it. Color depth and accuracy in addition to resolution is what makes d800 great. Resolution alone is over rated.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow