Mirrorless DSLR..sorry but they are pretty crap

Started Oct 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Martin.au
Senior MemberPosts: 6,620Gear list
Like?
Re: Mirrorless DSLR..sorry but they are pretty crap
In reply to Tommot1965, Oct 30, 2013

Tommot1965 wrote:

I think its daft that olympus don't have the default setting straight out of the box for optimum performance..because everyone that tries it will be in the same boat as me ...unless its a camera you really, really want and take the time as you say to set it up for better performance

that image review that you mentioned in another post may well be the culprit of the VF blackout...as I remember thinking at the time, what the heck are people raving on about as this EVF is crap !! ..

one other thing..as its a EVF does the in body image stabilization register in the VF..as it seemed pretty darn steady ( if it does that a plus for EVF and in body stabilization)..will try that again today

Martin.au wrote:

It works just fine, unless you're trying to mimic a DSLR's OVF, in which case quite a few settings need to be changed. In particular, frame rate, auto luminance and live view boost.

Don't fool yourselves folks. The OM-D series of cameras is one of the most complex cameras to set up. It's very configurable but it takes time to set it up the way you want it.

Can do. Depends on your settings. I have it turned on, so stabilisation shows on a half press. Others don't like that.

Martin.au's gear list:Martin.au's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Fisheye 8mm F3.5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow