Part II: Nikon wasting time & resources on a BS retro camera

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
n057
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,024Gear list
Like?
Re: Seems clear to me.
In reply to Stacey_K, 10 months ago

Stacey_K wrote:

Whatever dude, was just pointing out the obvious. If Nikon felt pro users wanted to use DX, I would have expected them to make at least one pro level DX wide prime etc. They have released nor announced anything of the sort. All the good DX lenses were released a LONG time ago.The 18-140 rather than a 16-85 f4 update shows exactly where DX is going.

-- hide signature --

Stacey

Sure there is a dearth of pro-level DX lenses, but FX lenses work also very well. And note that Nikon's own press release for the 58/1.4 states:

"Optimized for elite performance in even the most challenging low-light scenarios, the AF-S NIKKOR 58mm f/1.4G sports a unique 58mm (87mm DX-format equivalent) fixed focal length, making it ideal for shooting both flattering portraits, landscapes and street photography. Both FX-format and DX-format shooters will appreciate a wide and fast f/1.4 aperture that helps to ensure professional-grade photos and edge-to-edge sharpness, combined with overwhelming rendering performance."

The price is a bit steep, but I have been dreaming of such a portrait lens for DX ... even though my 17-55 substitutes in a pinch.

JC
Some cameras, some lenses, some computers

n057's gear list:n057's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 995 Nikon D200 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
D610New
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow