Mirrorless DSLR..sorry but they are pretty crap

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Tommot1965
Contributing MemberPosts: 887
Like?
Re: Mirrorless DSLR..sorry but they are pretty crap
In reply to sgoldswo, 10 months ago

will do ...I must admit though I did want to see if the VF could keep up in dim light, as I know thats been a weak spot since EVF have come out...but I will take the suggestion onboard and give it another go ..yes no probs shooting outside ..my dealer knows me pretty well

I really liked it with the 75mm 1.8 I was trying .the whole thing felt great in the hand...

is the anti shock the image stabilization ?

sgoldswo wrote:

Tommot1965 wrote:

Interesting in you what you say in this post..and based on that I will return to the shop today and get try and get a grip on the camera setup..as your experience with the camera seems so different from mine...what setting should I set for optimum performance, as I must admit perhaps I could have done a better Job

but, and now its a but !, the VF blackout time was huge..I was shooting Jpeg to a 20MBs sd card in a shop lit with fluro tubes, I can't remember the exposure times and I've since reformatted that card

so today I will go and try to do the camera test with perhaps a better setup ...as I was surprised at the lack of performance in the key areas that I deem necessities in the studio

what's the anti shock feature ?..trust me I wanted to like this camera..the connectivity and small form factor have a lot going for it

Unfortunately buried in the Oly menu system under settings, but it's there.

Also see if they"ll let you out of the shop. I think mixed fluorescent lighting is a diabolical place to test any camera. If my Leica dealer would let me outside with an M240, your dealer should let you outside with an E_M1. If not, point the camera at a light source and see if that affects the duration of the blackout.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow