Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
captain fid
Forum MemberPosts: 98Gear list
Like?
Re: Mirrorless DSLR..sorry but they are pretty crap
In reply to sgoldswo, 9 months ago

sgoldswo wrote:

Tommot1965 wrote:

what I mean is because of the Lag in low light and the VF blackout( which I thought was quite a bit) using the Mirrorless camera I tried today ( EM1) would be almost useless in a dim lit studio doing commercial work with a model..you could get away doing product photography..but not anything that required ebb and flow between you and the model..it was just too darn slow...

Id take on on holiday...or the pub...but that about it..and after all the Mirrorless / DSLR debates and the so called demise of the DSLR ..I just can't see how a pro will work with these new cameras unless they improve that weakness by a factor of ten ( or more )

John Gellings wrote:

Tommot1965 wrote:

if your serious about you hobby/profession then the Mirrorless is just a toy\

i.e. if the OP doesn't like them, they cannot possibly work for anyone. Photography is about framing and content... not camera wars. Most mirrorless cameras provide more resolution than 35mm film... yet, nobody complained about 35mm film being a toy.

I haven't noticed any lag in low light nor any substantive VF blackout, by the way. I think you can create such issues by adjusting the settings (turning on anti-shock etc), so I don't think you had a representative experience of the camera (it might be someone had adjusted the setting improperly in the shop). I shoot a DSLR and a variety of mirrorless cameras, you can see my thoughts on the E-M1 on my blog (see link in my signature - I never noticed these issues to mention them).

I agree. I tried a EM1 and didn't notice any abnormal VF blackout; thought the focusing was better than my Nikon and LOVED the EVF. In fact, I really like the EM1...

Right tool for the job and all that, but I been really was impressed with these 'dim lit studio' photos taken with the new Sony A7 (or A7R). I have a feeling with an adapter, this is the way I'm headed for casual photography.

http://www.dyxum.com/dforum/my-first-result-with-a7r_topic102199_post1221899.html#1221899

captain fid's gear list:captain fid's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow