Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Thomas Kolenich
Senior MemberPosts: 2,039Gear list
Like?
E-m1- some comments and images
11 months ago

I have owned all the Olympus models, from the E-10 to the new OMD E-m1. Well, I did not own the E-m5. I got my unit last week and did two paid jobs last weekend: a wedding and a family portrait. Two and a half years ago, I added the Nikon D3 to my bag, because I wanted the benefits of full frame. I was a hybrid shooter: E-5 and D-3.

The first image I would like to share is a first dance at the wedding reception. I shot with the E-m1 and the 35-100 F2 available light. I was pleased with the DR of this image. I think the dynamic range is much improved over the E-5.

E-m1 with 35-100 F2 lens shot wide open.

The next two shots are from a family portrait session I did at the University of Virginia. I always shoot with two cameras: one with available light and one with fill flash. Here the fill flash was used on the the D3. When a colleague saw the two images, he commented that the Olympus image was quite competitive with the D3 image. What do you think? I did not intend that the settings were so similar, that just happened.

Olympus E-m1 with 14-35 F2 lens shot at F4.

Nikon D3 24-120 F4 lens shot at F4.

-- hide signature --

Tom Kolenich

www.niceweddingphotos.com

Thomas Kolenich's gear list:Thomas Kolenich's gear list
Nikon D3 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D +7 more
Nikon D3 Olympus E-1 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow