meland
Senior MemberPosts: 3,665
Like?
Re: Seems clear to me.
In reply to Stacey_K, Oct 30, 2013

Stacey_K wrote:

DezM wrote:

DezM wrote:

If a D610 works for you, I wonder why the D7100 does not, which is way closer to a theoretical D400 than the D610. (AF, DX sensor)

-- hide signature --

hobby aviation photographer

I don't know if a D610 works for me. I'm saying that after trying it, I could get the hang of it and IF Nikon is getting away from DX at least I'm going in the same direction as well. Just wish Nikon would announce their plans so that I know what to do with my $.

I'm not clueless about what I want, I'm clueless as to Nikon's direction.
--
Dez

It seems pretty clear to me. They have only released consumer type slow zooms for DX. All the high end fast glass both zoom and prime have been for FX. That right there is better than a road map for me pointing which direction they are headed.

Also makes the release of a D400 even less likely. They would have to engineer and design several new lenses to make it worth owning for a pro. The FX glass is already being made.

-- hide signature --

Stacey

Glad it's clear to you.

Whatever dude, was just pointing out the obvious. If Nikon felt pro users wanted to use DX, I would have expected them to make at least one pro level DX wide prime etc. They have released nor announced anything of the sort. All the good DX lenses were released a LONG time ago.The 18-140 rather than a 16-85 f4 update shows exactly where DX is going.

-- hide signature --

Stacey

Whenever I hear the word 'Dude' I can not help but think of Scooby-Doo.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
D610New
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow