Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
TThorne
Senior MemberPosts: 2,467Gear list
Like?
Fuji FF Organic
11 months ago

Well, the rumor mills are spinning and the word is that Fuji will likely be the first to challenge Sony in the FF compact market. Interestingly enough though, it is said that Fuji will not do so using a Sony sensor as they have in the past. Personally, I wouldn't care, as Sony makes fine sensors, but the exciting talk is that Fuji will be using their own organic sensor technology.

Still too soon for anything definitive, but the rumor is very exciting indeed. Organic sensor aside, all things being equal, I take the Fuji any day, simply because, at least with the current high end X series cameras, they make cameras for photographers, not gadgets and gizmos for techies. Maybe it is my love for aperture rings and shutter dials, and perhaps it is my loathing of PSAM, but I am definitely hoping Fuji keeps the form factor on these future cameras, which I can see them doing.

This is still not going to come in time to stop my A7R order, which I will enjoy alongside my Leica's this upcoming year, but BRAVO Fuji, and I hope the rumors come to fruition. Count me as an early preorder!

-- hide signature --

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on. - Sir Winston Churchill

TThorne's gear list:TThorne's gear list
Leica M Typ 240 Sony Alpha 7R Sony Alpha 7S Leica Summilux-M 21mm f/1.4 Asph Leica Summilux-M 35mm f/1.4 ASPH +5 more
Sony Alpha 7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow