ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
elmar1
Forum MemberPosts: 54
Like?
Buying-Advice for a RX100-User
Oct 30, 2013

Hello there,

the case is basically quite simple. I started my photography-life with a Olympus C8080 Wide-Zoom. Then after some years I progressed to a Pentax K-X..including two kit-lenses and a third one for general use. I was a bit lazy with the pentax and relied heavily on Automatic Mode…and then sold the camera. Now I have a Sony RX100, with which I am really, really satisfied. And also I adjusted myself to either manual mode, or other the “P” mode to check what the cam would suggest.

What I like about the RX100:

- Compact design

- Filters (I am not really into photo editing)

- Night-Shot-Capability

- HighResolution for Posters and else.

What I dislike:

- No WideAngle

- No real zooming capability

Thus, I am considering to get a system camera like the NEX or PENs. I have also read from the A7/A7rs and deem them to be quite an interesting deal. I suppose a “real DSLR” is a bit bulky for me. I also prefer the LCD screen to the viewfinder. What else can I say? I shoot mostly UrbanExploration kind of photos, with occasional landscapes.

What kind of camera would you suggest? I know that this sounds naïve, but I also highly enjoy the “Monochrome”-filters of Sony, which would maybe suggest to stay within the same brand. What do you guys reckon or suggest as a possible change? I would be able to spend the amount of money for the A7, but if there´s a cheaper alternative, why not?

All the best and thanks!

Elmar

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Pentax K-x Sony Alpha 7 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow