Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
a1man
Regular MemberPosts: 229
Like?
Re: Should Sony buy Tesla Motors?
In reply to ultimitsu, 9 months ago

ultimitsu wrote:

>

If Sony buys Tesla and keeps innovating with Elon Musk, we could end up with great photo devices and automobiles at the same time which would be A win win case:)

Much of Tesla's appeal is that it is a true American brand (on top of it being green and super fast and reasonable cheap after credits). "Japanese owned" just doesnt have the same ring.

Musk said once that, they tried to import most of the model s parts from china but that turned out to be more expensive. He says he is not insisting on American parts and brand. The buyer profile doesn't seem to be insisting on American brand, so a Japanese electric car maker could be okay.

>

I am not sure if Sony has enough money but I thinkSony more suitable company to buy Tesla than apple.

In due time, it will be Tesla that buys Sony.

On a serious note, I think unless Tesla gets into serious financial trouble it will not sell to anyone. Why? because the last thing Elon Musk want, and many people around the world want, is for the new owner to sell Tesla to the automotive industry at twice the price and have it quickly dismantled and disabled. That is what happened to Ovonics battery. It set back the worlds break away from oil addiction by a good 10 years at the least.

You have some points here, I think he should not sell, I like to see where this whole thing(along with spaceX) going.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow