Senior MemberPosts: 2,037Gear list
Like?
Re: Thanks for the info ...
In reply to exdeejjjaaaa, 11 months ago

exdeejjjaaaa wrote:

Steve_ wrote:

exdeejjjaaaa wrote:

Steve_ wrote:

And this is evident from the (extortionate for me) amount of purple fringing and distortion especially at the wide end of the zooms.

I'm not sure this isn't a product of how large and optically uncompromised the 4/3s zooms were.

rumor has it that Olympus took existing FF designs and added wideconverters (for some lenses)... rumor though.

Pretty impossibly naive rumor, though. You don't achieve the optical perfection the Oly SHG lenses represent - nor even the performance level of the HG series - via a tele-converter.

dear, wide converter - not tele converter... and wide converter specifically designed to work with the specific lens (unlike generic ones) indeed makes things better (not worse like teles)
PS: this is a note about converter, not that the rumor is true

Sorry, I typed the wrong word. Let's try 'via a converter'. Adapting the FOV of an independent lens design can only hurt resolution and distortion behavior.

I would say in this case you cannot separate the technical aspect from the rumor itself - one disproves the other.

Steve_'s gear list:Steve_'s gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow