Mirrorless DSLR..sorry but they are pretty crap

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
jopezu
Regular MemberPosts: 173Gear list
Like?
absolutely
In reply to Tommot1965, 11 months ago

Tommot1965 wrote:

:-)...Ill start the thread with a smile..but after trying a Oly EM1 today EVFs will have to be a quantum leap better before I go that way..VF blackout was terrible as was the colours that the VF displayed..Lag is also a problem..sorry and all but I fear Ill have to lug the D800 a while longer or look at the new Df or whatever its going to be called ....

if your serious about you hobby/profession then the Mirrorless is just a toy

im not prepared to lose that connection with the subject and the EVF does just that.. other than that it was not a bad camera

i'm a shot sniper - i don't shutter drive.  it doesn't matter if it's kid portraits, birds, cars, etc.  i grew up hunting, and that 'shoot to kill' mentality is how i approach photography and getting the exact shot i want.  i can't see any other photographer who is also a sniper going for an EVF in their current incarnation.  the delay is enough that after each shot, it is basically a cognitive scene/framing/subject reset.  maybe when they're much better and faster, but for now, i agree with your sentiment as it concerns my shooting style.

jopezu's gear list:jopezu's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E II +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow