The Greatest Portraits Ever Taken By Yousuf Karsh

Started Jan 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
Ivar Dahl Larsen
Regular MemberPosts: 376Gear list
Like?
Re: The Greatest Portraits Ever Taken By Yousuf Karsh
In reply to Vidau, Oct 30, 2013

I agree to a certain degree, but it all lies in the eyes of the beholder. One has to bear in mind, that it is far more easier to get ones portraiture published when one photographs celebrities and famous people and not to forget that the pictures are good.

" Speaking about his Photography, he was very powerful in using studio lights.He had Photographed many famous personalities all over the world during his reign in Photography. In all his photographs there was a essence for the person he has captured which is very much visible to us. He says ” My chief joy is to photograph the great in heart, in mind, and in spirit, whether they be famous or humble”

Not saying Mr. Karsh did not do well. Outstandingly well, but there are many out there that are wonderfully good and it is an interaction between the sitters and the photographer so to say that they are the Greatest portaits ever, is maybe going a little over the top, in my book. The essence of the sitter is clearer to the public when the sitter is very well known to the world. But his last qoute I wholeheartedly agree to when he says; "My chief joy is to photograph the great in heart, in mind, and in spirit, whether they be famous or humble”

Ivar Dahl Larsen's gear list:Ivar Dahl Larsen's gear list
Pentax K-30 Fujifilm X-E1 Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow