Started Oct 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
alolywu
Regular MemberPosts: 180Gear list
Like?
Favorite u4/3 lens
Oct 30, 2013

I've noticed there are many new u4/3 owners recently on this forum and I thought it might be good to start a thread listing some of our favourite lens.  Especially the hidden gems that get overlooked just because it's slower or perceived to be consumer grade (but aren't we all consumers?) Example would by like the Olympus 75-300mm and there are others as well.  The benefit of u4/3 is that there are 4 different companies all making compatible lens for it so we have a lot of choice but that also means there are a lot of choice.

My favourites

Olympus 50mm F2.0 macro (4/3) - definitely one of the sharpest lens made.  Small enough to be on a u4/3 body with the MMF3 adapter that it doesn't look out of place.

Olympus 75mm F1.8 (u4/3) - not much more needs to be said of this lens so really a hidden gem.

Panasonic Lumix G X 14-42mm X - I know people say it's not the sharpest lens on the market and that it is prone to show shutter shock, etc but for me the size and range is just perfect.  I haven't seen examples of shutter shock myself so I'm quite happy so far.  The best part is that this lens can be had used for about $200 and it's got O.I.S in a tiny package.  Bang for the buck.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
45mmNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow