Mirrorless DSLR..sorry but they are pretty crap

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
sgoldswo
Senior MemberPosts: 3,531Gear list
Like?
Re: EVFs..sorry but they are pretty great
In reply to Tommot1965, 10 months ago

Tommot1965 wrote:

:-)...Ill start the thread with a smile..but after trying a Oly EM1 today EVFs will have to be a quantum leap better before I go that way..VF blackout was terrible as was the colours that the VF displayed..Lag is also a problem..sorry and all but I fear Ill have to lug the D800 a while longer or look at the new Df or whatever its going to be called ....

if your serious about you hobby/profession then the Mirrorless is just a toy

im not prepared to lose that connection with the subject and the EVF does just that.. other than that it was not a bad camera

Yes (although I don't agree about the Epson VF you refer to), but there are also times when an OVF is also terrible: it doesn't show you the correct DOF, the exposure may not be correct, it cannot have the variety of overlay information supplied by an EVF, it doesn't allow for the variety of MF aids that are available.

You don't have to agree with me, and I'm sure people still said riding a horse and buggy to work was great when Ford came out with the model T...

Someone who offers both EVF and OVF without other flaws will clean up.

sgoldswo's gear list:sgoldswo's gear list
Leica M Typ 240 Olympus E-M1 Nikon Df Nikon D810
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow