An anti-EM1 Thread - Here's why

Started Sep 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
Vlad S
Senior MemberPosts: 3,119Gear list
Like?
E-M1 makes sense
In reply to Corpy2, Oct 30, 2013

Corpy2 wrote:

2) It's obvious that this camera was aimed to try to salvage 43.

Of course it is. Olympus said so itself. Lot's of owners of the 4/3 lenses were begging for better support of the fabulous glass.

It's not optimized for m43.

You have no reasons to say that. µ4/3 and 4/3 AF systems are not mutually exclusive. The breakthrough in the CDAF came with the higher scanning rates, and they didn't go anywhere. The camera may be optimized for both CDAF and PDAF.

I DO NOT REALLY CARE if it works nicely with older 43 lenses (and a few reviews even said that it did not focus 43 lenses as fast as that last generation of 43 (What was that? E5? I dunno--before my time).

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the world does not revolve about you. You dislike for something does not affect it's value in other people's eyes.

3) Ok, back to the EM1. It's bigger. Why? If I want a camera approaching a Canon APC camera, I'll buy a Canon APC camera.

Because tons of users were keeping their grips permanently attached to their E-M5s. Because tons of users complained that there was not enough real estate for the buttons. Because E-M1 has even more buttons. Because you still get 2x crop rather than 1.6x crop.

4) Finally, in summation, to paraphrase the Goldwater campaign (Goldwater? Who's that? Bring your grandfather some daisies and ask him) In your heart you know that this is the classical example of an in-between camera.

Can you remind me how well Goldwater's campaign did?

Vlad

Vlad S's gear list:Vlad S's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WowNew
SighNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow