**Weekly Wildlife Thread Oct 27**

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
JerseySailor
New MemberPosts: 18
Like?
Re: **Weekly Wildlife Thread Oct 27** - A Fox Hunting Deer
In reply to zackiedawg, 10 months ago

zackiedawg wrote:

That's a pretty cool scene to witness! I never think of foxes as predatory, as they always look so cute and tiny and fluffy - and I'd think the deer could probably give him a welt or two for trying that meal! To have two species together in your yard at once is very cool.

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

Hi Justin,

Thanks for the kind words. In living here in Westfield N.J. over thirty years, I've only seen a fox twice, each time as a solitary fleeting occurance. So to then see one clearly thinking he had enough wolf blood in him to even think about a Bambi steak dinner was a real surprise.

While my shots that evening, handheld at 1/4 sec and ISO 3200 are technically some of my worst, from the viewpoint of capturing the event, I prize them among the best.

After doing a full circlue of the doe, the fox obviously decided that venison wasn't quite on the menu that night, so he took a break before ambling away. Here he is taking that break in another shaky handheld 1/4 second shot:

After deciding that Bambi steak was not for dinner tonight, the fox took a break before departing.

Cheers,

Kevin

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow