Contributing MemberPosts: 876Gear list
Like?
Re: fail
In reply to Ron AKA, 10 months ago

Ron AKA wrote:

larsbc wrote:

Ron AKA wrote:

larsbc wrote:

The corollary to "it's the photographer, not the camera" is that you can't judge a photographer by his camera. Your failure to grasp this speaks volumes.

You are right. I've only been doing it for 50 years or so. Learned nothing...

That was kind of my point.

I got your point, but obviously you did not get mine. I have had the full 35mm camera bags and been around the block a few times while lugging too much equipment. It makes absolutely no sense to me to buy a very clean small compact camera that produces high quality images in low light, and then load yourself down with filters, flashes, tripods, viewfinders, grips, etc. so you are back to needing a camera bag again. The RX100 was built to fit in your shirt pocket. Those who buy it and then add all the accessories are missing the point of the original design of the camera.

I would suggest if you really want all of those do dads then go for a quality bridge camera, and forget about fitting it in your pocket. Using the RX100II with all the accessories it provides for is like buying a Mazdaspeed Miata and then pulling a trailer to carry your luggage and mother in law...

I agree on the accessories - they change the fundamental nature and advantages of the camera.  But the changes in the camera themselves, in my case the tilt screen, are worthwhile upgrades from the original version.

newellj's gear list:newellj's gear list
Sony RX100 II Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
failNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow