Will Nikon be out of business in 5 years?

Started Oct 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
Eamon Hickey
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,169
Like?
always be cameras for enthusiasts
In reply to jkoch2, Oct 29, 2013

jkoch2 wrote:

Red5TX wrote:

I'm not a Nikon shooter and don't have a dog in this fight,

Unless you use a phone camera only, or don't need to defend an investment in lenses, or worry whether you're DSLR bodies will eventually cease to function, perhaps you do have a dog to defend.

I'm not actually worried about that. There will always be devices for enthusiast and advanced photographers because there will always be a market for them.

The question is what those devices will be like and which companies will figure out what they should be like. I think Jeff is right that there's a very real possibility that those companies may not be any of the current camera makers. On the other hand, they might be some, or even most, of the current camera makers. There are precedents for both scenarios.

But I don't really care whose camera I'll be using in 15 years. If it's a Nikon, great. If it's a Google-Flex, great. If it's a Foxconn-o-matic, that's great, too. As long as it gives me capabilities that make me happy, I'm sold.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
nNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow