How does Fuji compare to Full Frame?

Started Oct 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
TThorne
Senior MemberPosts: 2,711Gear list
Like?
Re: How does Fuji compare to Full Frame?
In reply to The Davinator, Oct 29, 2013

Dave Luttmann wrote:

You do realize that your entire diatribe is based upon false logic....pretty much transitive logic.

I never mentioned 4/3. What I said is that the differences between aps-c and FF have become so small as to be pretty much meaningless in output. If that makes me a genius, well thank you. I addressed print comparisons that a group of us did locally. Even the biggest FF fanboys had to admit that in the print sizes we were dealing with, 16x24 and 20x30, there was no difference.

I really didn't need to read your entire illogical and sarcastic rant as it doesn't change what a few hundred people who saw the prints agreed upon....it made no difference.

Thanks for stopping by.

So lets get this straight then.

1. You have said prior that there is no discernible difference between APSC and FF. Now you are saying that there are differences, but they are small. Whether they are meaningful or meaningless is not an objective point, so if you are going to wax intellectual on the subject, I suggest you leave that part out.

2. Are you suggesting that sensor size does not matter when it comes to APSC/FF only? There are plenty of people who say that 4/3 gives just as good results as APSC. What is your opinion on that?

Aside from family fun stuff, when I do print, the smallest size is 20x30, and there is a difference. Whether or not you appreciate that difference is up to you, but this mission you are on to convince people of the superiority of your purchasing choices is really quite nauseating.

Take a look at files from your Fuji and from the D800. If you can't tell the difference, that is on you, and it is not a matter that you need to force everyone else to accept.

-- hide signature --

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on. - Sir Winston Churchill

TThorne's gear list:TThorne's gear list
Leica M-Monochrom Leica M Typ 240 Sony Alpha 7S Leica Summilux-M 21mm f/1.4 Asph Leica Summilux-M 35mm f/1.4 ASPH +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow