Part II: Nikon wasting time & resources on a BS retro camera

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
DezM
Forum ProPosts: 33,798
Like?
Re: Part II: Nikon wasting time & resources on a BS retro camera
In reply to TacticDesigns, 11 months ago

DezM wrote:

Ok. Judging by the old thread that maxed out, it seems like many of you welcome this new retro "DF" by Nikon and many others want no part of it.

LOL.

What about those that want both?

Want a fast frame rate lower priced camera & want a fun camera?

To answer the two questions you put forward . . . as for if this is a waste of resources . . . its hard to say until we get to see the camera . . . but I'm keenly following it, because it sounds an awful lot like a camera that I've been wanting for a while . . .we'll see.

And for the D610 . . . it only does 5.5fps or something like that . . .

My wife and I volunteer taking pictures at my daughters gymnastics club. No flash allowed. Poor lighting. Shooting settings are pretty much locked in at iso3200, f2.8, 1/250sec. And my D5100 does 4fps, which for the most part is fine . . . but ideas have been tossed around about doing another composite shot . . . so it got my mind thinking of all sorts of composite / series shots I could attempt to do if I had faster frame rate than I currently have.

That's partly why I'm looking at whats available right now.

So for me . . . I want the fast FPS for shooting for my daughter's gymnastics club . . .

but when I want to go take pictures for fun . . . I don't necessarily take the same camera with me . . .

?

-- hide signature --

Well, you could want both but I do not. I just see a lot of new bodies, both FF and DX, that have been released that haven't swayed me to purchase.

The retro camera just put me over the edge with my patience.

Thanks for you summary about what you dislike
--
Dez

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
D610New
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow