Part II: Nikon wasting time & resources on a BS retro camera

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
DezM
Forum ProPosts: 33,743
Like?
Re: Part II: Nikon wasting time & resources on a BS retro camera
In reply to seahawk, 9 months ago

But there is always a new camera in the rumour mill. And I guess you do not have to sell the D300 to get a new camera, so maybe you should do as I did and ask yourself which available Nikon camera adds something to your camera bag. Which gives you new options and capabilities.

So for me it went like:

Must have:

- best AF

- not a large body like the D4

should have:

- better high ISO than D300

- at least 6 FPS

- best metering systme Nikon has

could have:

- more resolution

So I ended up with a D800 and I do not regret it. In the end it probably added more to my possibilities than a D400 ever would. And if the D400 comes out, I still can grab it to go along the D800.

-- hide signature --

hobby aviation photographer

The retro camera isn't a rumor (the retro part might be). Something is coming since Nikon has released teaser videos.

As for what available, I have been doing that for the past couple of years. The D800 left AF issue and the D600 oily sensor issues were a turn off. I was observing those reports from a distance. I didn't pull. the trigger, I already own a SLR and am somewhat confident a Pro DX will come. Again, the D610 looked attractive when I tried it.
--
Dez

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
D610New
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow