Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DezM
Forum ProPosts: 33,751
Like?
Part II: Nikon wasting time & resources on a BS retro camera
10 months ago

Ok. Judging by the old thread that maxed out, it seems like many of you welcome this new retro "DF" by Nikon and many others want no part of it.

I posted that thread because I have been patiently waiting for Nikon to release a true update to my D300, which I still use and like......BUT with constant releases of Dxxxx cameras and various DX lenses, I thought this rumored release of a "DF" was a step in the wrong direction and a waste of time & resources. Although, if this camera turns out to be the D300 update (just a guess) and it has new tech and has all of the bells & whistles, I wouldn't care what they call it. It is a rumor, but Nikon has released several "Pure Photography" videos of an unknown SLR body so we know something is coming soon.

As for the FF vs. DX talk in that thread & that I should be shooting FF because of my photography style, I have been shooting with a D300 for years. It has worked for me, so that DX body hasn't been hampering my style. I just want to bracket less and have better ISO performance with an increased dynamic range sensor and use both my Nikon DX and FF lenses I currently own without impacting too much of my wallet.

I will say that I tried a D610 for about 45 minutes at Best Buy yesterday. I can like that camera. The size & weight are about the same as the D300. The IQ is outstanding and the controls are a bit different. I can get used to it. So if some of you are correct in that Nikon has given up on the semi-pro DX user & not release a "D400", than the D610 is my alternative choice. I always said it would in my mind but now after trying it, I can shoot with that body.

*** Question to D610 / D600 owners: Does the 3 frame bracket limitation discourage you to use it or is the sensor that good that bracketing isn't required anymore? And what don't you like about that camera?

-- hide signature --
Nikon D300 Nikon D600 Nikon D610
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
D610New
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow