Will Nikon be out of business in 5 years?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Marcin 3M
Senior MemberPosts: 1,226Gear list
Like?
If this happen...
In reply to Jeff_Donald, 9 months ago

... it is quite probably, that the only widely available Canon product are going to be the microwave ovens...

Yes, it is quite probably, that whole imaging market will collapse. This may be due to the general devaluation of photography. We are surrounded by meaningless images. Also tools for image creation are everywhere. Amateurs are switching to cameras mounted in the phones (This summer I've heard it from two persons - both abandoned theirs p/s in favour to cellphones).

On the other hand: Sony, Nikon, Canon - they're just the tools for picture taking. For me it's meaningless, as long as my camera works, and I can buy ink and paper for my printer. My D700/800 pair delivers me IQ that can be hardly beaten by any tools that normal user can afford, and are definitely better than any camera I've ever own (excluding my 4x5 Cambo).

-- hide signature --

Marcin_3M

Marcin 3M's gear list:Marcin 3M's gear list
Epson Stylus Pro 3880 Adobe Photoshop CS6 Nik Capture NX Phase One Capture One Pro Portrait Professional Studio 64 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
nNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow