Hands-On Sony NEX-6 & 16-50mm OSS images & other E-Mount Lens

Started Oct 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
tokyojerry
Junior MemberPosts: 37Gear list
Like?
Re: Hands-On Sony NEX-6 & 16-50mm OSS images & other E-Mount Lens
In reply to webgeek, 11 months ago

Hi.  Well, being this thread now is coming around to being 1 year old (happy birthday) we have a little better assessment of the situation.  I still own the NEX-6.   We all know (or should know) Sony will release two full frame sensor-equipped cameras on 11/15 (Tokyo, at least).  It will be in the same league as the NEX camera but slightly larger with a lot more control.  I just held one in my hand for the first time this past Sunday at the Sony Showroom in the Ginza district of Tokyo.  Well-built camera and full controls.

The NEX branding is also going away as well.  Every thing will be Sony Alpha-whatever going forward.

E-mounts and A-mounts will both continue to coexist.  Now,  whether to keep my NEX-6 (avoid lens swapping etc) or sell it and replace it with the Sony A7 or A7r.  Am thoroughly confused on which model.  www.eoshd.com recent review of the cameras (and the RX10) suggests that A7r is best for video.  Elsewhere I read, that the A7 is better for video.  Reason being,  the A7 maintains the hybrid PDAF / CDAF focus system and the higher end, 36MP, A7r does NOT have PDAF incorporated into the sensor.   Decisions, decisions!  Maybe I should just sit tight with the NEX-6 for awhile until the product is out and there are some more indepth reviews on the products.

BTW,  your pictures are awesome!  You took those all with the Sony NEX-6?  What is your secret?  I don't seem to get those kind of results with my NEX-6.  Perhaps you are using better lenses then the standard 16-50mm pancake zoom kit lens.  Ultimately though, I reckon it comes down to the imagination and creativity of the character behind the lens, eh?  

-- hide signature --

Jerry Suppan
(a.k.a. tokyojerry)
Tokyo, Japan

tokyojerry's gear list:tokyojerry's gear list
Casio Exilim EX-ZR700 Fujifilm XQ1 Sony Alpha 7
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow