**Weekly X Series Photo Thread 27 Oct - 2 Nov, 2013**

Started Oct 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Birddogman
Senior MemberPosts: 1,108Gear list
Like?
A few from Friday with the 55-200mm lens
In reply to Chris Dodkin, Oct 28, 2013

Normally, I use the 18-55mm lens in the field, as there are fewer opportunities to use the 55-200mm.  Friday, just for fun, I left the 18-55mm home and took only the 55-200mm - thereby forcing myself to use the longer lens.  The experience hasn't convinced me to change from my primary use of the 18-55mm, but I did get a few shots that would have looked different with a shorter focal length.

Here is a distant PA Dutch farmstead as seen from where we were hunting.  I liked the bright sunshine on the white buildings on a cloudy day.  This would not have been a good photo with the shorter lens.

A nice double dog point with foreshortened perspective.  I didn't have to get right up behind the dogs and risk flushing the bird while I had only a camera in my hand.

A couple well-done retrieves.  The longer lens allowed a tight composition even though they were at a distance:

Joy on the paw - especially 15 year old Maggie "helping" while grinning from ear to ear:

This shot made carrying the longer, heavier lens for miles worthwhile.

Birddogman's gear list:Birddogman's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
TNTNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow