How does Fuji compare to Full Frame?

Started Oct 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
a l b e r t
Senior MemberPosts: 1,299Gear list
Like?
Re: How does Fuji compare to Full Frame?
In reply to dirkluchtman, Oct 28, 2013

I heard that the Fuji x trans sensors come close to FF quality. I am attracted to the compact, retro style bodies and manual control. I would be willing to sacrifice good video, if I get great FF like image quality from the Fuji bodies.

Can anyone comment on this please? Especially in terms of highlight and shadow recovery. How well is details at these extremes recovered from RAW files?

The XE-1 comes close to FF bodies of the last generation FF, that means 5D2, not 5D3 or 6D.  But DR is better, because the current SOTA sensor is made by Sony, and Fuji is using it.

If you really want to get FF like quality, you need to invest in high quality glass.  I'd definitely get the XF23 1.4, it is probably the best lens in the entire Fuji lineup.  The kit lens (18-55) is also an excellent lens for general photography.

a l b e r t's gear list:a l b e r t's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 Nikon D3S Fujifilm X-E2 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow