K01, who is "ugly" now?

Started Oct 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
viking79
Forum ProPosts: 13,774Gear list
Like?
Re: All manufacturers MTFs graphs look brilliant...
In reply to marike6, Oct 27, 2013

marike6 wrote:

sportyaccordy wrote:

If it's too much to bear, go with a cheaper inferior platform.

I have a D800 (with 28-50-85 f/1.8 primes and a 70-200 f/4 VR) which is my favorite camera of all time.

This is definitely an excellent value set of lenses and camera. I would agree that it is better value than the Sony for the lens prices.

I think Sony is making a mistake with it's lens pricing that's all, it's not that I'm a cheap skate. In general FF lenses are more expensive than crop sensor lenses. It's looking like Sony FF mirrorless lenses will be the most expensive lenses ever created and I'm wondering if that might turn off potential adopters. Who knows? We will see. All the best, Markus

No more than Canon/Nikon are, and actually I think they learned that they could sell the Zeiss 24mm and other lenses regardless of asking price as long as they were good.  The Zeiss 24mm availability was regularly fairly low.

Their lenses honestly aren't more than Canon/Nikon equivalents, which are also priced really high (except their value lenses like the 1.8 prime set, which is honestly very good).

My only complaint with Sony is they don't offer the value lenses, as I would be happy with those.

Eric

viking79's gear list:viking79's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Samsung NX1 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA Samsung NX 60mm F2.8 Macro ED OIS SSA +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow