Started Oct 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
rayk
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,213Gear list
Like?
Re: First pics with new (today) V2
In reply to Ross, Oct 27, 2013

Ross wrote:

Hi Ray,

I know that you'll like the 18.5mm, after all you are someone who came from the time before kit lenses, too .....

The 18.5mm came to me very cheap, actually. The difference in price between the kit without that lens, supplied with the 10-30mm only, and the kit with both lenses, was less than $100 U.S.

I should be ok with using primes, as I never had any zooms back in the film days (film, what's film?), but the truth is, zooms are so good now, even the kit lenses, and I have grown very used to them. And the kit zoom is so light for travelling, and has VR built in, which I'm looking forward to testing.

I will use the 18.5mm on my daily walks and bicycle rides, as I do like that focal length, and seem to shoot around that quite a lot of the time.

You mentioned B&W in another thread and I have shot a bunch. I found the orange filter to give me the gray-scale conversion that I like.

One of the buildings I shot was painted orange at the top, and yesterday was one of those autumn blue-sky days that are so good here, that an orange filter would have been interesting. The shot didn't work too well due to the blending of the tones of sky and building. Today is another beautiful day, so I'll get down there (close to home) and try the filters.

Thanks for visiting Bob.

-- hide signature --

rayk

rayk's gear list:rayk's gear list
Nikon 1 V2
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow