Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Impulses
Contributing MemberPosts: 848Gear list
Like?
Re: New "Kodak" primes. 8mm f3, 25mm f.95 50mm f1.1
In reply to MPA1, 9 months ago

Trollshavethebestcandy wrote:

Trollshavethebestcandy wrote:

http://www.43rumors.com/sakar-launches-new-micro-four-thirds-lenses-branded-as-kodak/

The 50 1.1 looks tiny!
Awaiting Bokeh tests.
$400 each.
I bet the 7.5 Rokinon walks all over the 8mm Kodak.

Meh. Don't do MF any more! Why people keep making the lens equivalent of the Ford Model T in this day an age I have no idea.

For me manual focus makes me more in control and the "Artist" like a stick shift vs automatic transmission in a car rather than cruise control automated driver car. Some like to drive an some like to just sit in the drivers seat and look around.

I prefer choice - switch to MF if you want it and vice versa.

Ditto, and car analogies are terrible, but I'd opt for having a choice there as well (DSG!) and not confining myself to one or the other... That being said, the 25mm is intriguing. I'll be getting the Panasonic 20mm soon but I could go for that 25mm later... There's already so many 30-90mm primes to choose from tho, need a couple more wide angles! (or any longer tele I imagine, though not my thing atm)

Impulses's gear list:Impulses's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow