GX7 without the EVF?

Started 9 months ago | Polls thread
Impulses
Contributing MemberPosts: 848Gear list
Like?
Re: GX7 without the EVF?
In reply to Grobb, 9 months ago

Having more choices is seldom a bad thing, but I doubt dumping the EVF would realistically lower the price much; market conditions probably have far more to do with the current price tag... Something like the E-PL5 is priced/sized about the same and it lacks an EVF. Making it a fixed EVF would probably save some space tho, I wouldn't mind them going down that route to instead include a larger display within it.

The EVF is probably a more desired option in general than weather sealing, since you'd have to opt for some rather pricey (or unstabilized) lenses to take advantage of the latter, though I agree it'd be a suitable upgrade at this price point, maybe for a future GX. A larger non-16:9 EVF and improved IBIS would really make for just about a perfect GX IMO...

Hopefully it doesn't take years for a follow up model to show up, I imagine an EM5 refresh with a fewupgrades (like wifi and focus peaking) can't be too far away. I rather like the corner mounted EVFs tho, and Panasonic's UI.

Impulses's gear list:Impulses's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow