Pentax K-3 [new APS-C] bests Nikon D600

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
robbo d
Contributing MemberPosts: 764Gear list
Like?
Re: Pentax K-3 [new APS-C] bests Nikon D600
In reply to CeleryBeats, 9 months ago

I'm a Pentax user and wondered if this would be reported here..........not disappointed.

The D600 shots looked cleaner and sharper to me.....I don't know if it was my screen, but I certainly didnt get what they reported either.

I would have to say the exposure and DOF is slightly different...and sure the K3 is one helluva APS-C, looks close-ish given the basic testing done and best left to perhaps DXO mark for a more accurate assessment. Interestingly it makes one wonder wether the whole FF thing is really worth the extra $$$ for MOST people when you see the results from the D7100 and K5/K3 type cameras.

And for those not obviously aware: The Pentax lens used is the DA star f1.4 and is a superb piece of kit, so references to poor quality Pentax lenses are rubbish. The 50-135 I own is stunning, and reportedly so the 60-250. So lens optical quality is not really in question, perhaps rendering differences ??

robbo d's gear list:robbo d's gear list
Pentax K-x Pentax K-01 Pentax K-5 IIs Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow