Looking for a New Micro Four Thirds Camera

Started Oct 26, 2013 | Questions thread
Impulses
Senior MemberPosts: 1,118Gear list
Like?
Re: check out getolympus.com, they have a real deal on EPL5's.
In reply to comptr_, Oct 27, 2013

Some of the stuff listed is sold out the black VF-2 is sold out as is the 45mm lens. on the refurbished cameras can you add the 2 year extended plan or not ? Either way I want to wait till Black Friday to make the final purchase so that I can see if there will be any sales to bring the price down or not as most E-Retailers have sales for Black Friday and Cyber Monday. But at that time I will check out the Refurb section of the Olympus site as I want to go for a refurb VF-2 or VF-3. Do Cameras like the EPL5 go on sale during black friday ?

Yes, though Panasonic's prices seem a bit more volatile than Olympus'; and the current gen Olympus models have held their value pretty well so far, probably due to upgraders seeking them out due to the sensor used. EM5's the oldest and the only one that's dropped more than $50 I think (new)...

You can check camelcamelcamel.com and look at the pricing history of older models to see how much they've been discounted during the holidays in past years, though again, keep in kind something like the E-PL5 will probably see less sales than those models did at the time (since it's now more competitive with APS-C, etc).

Camelcamel only reflects Amazon prices but they often adjust their prices to match third parties in their marketplace and many big stores like Adorama have a presence on the Amazon marketplace; camelcamel lets you go back thru Amazon and 3rd party price history as well as set price alerts.

Impulses's gear list:Impulses's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow