First pics with new (today) V2

Started Oct 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
rayk
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,213Gear list
Like?
Re: First pics with new (today) V2
In reply to retro76, Oct 27, 2013

Hi again retro76. Thanks for the info about software.

retro76 wrote:

I shooting JPEG + Raw. I just did the raw converter tour if duty downloading trials of Lightroom, Capture One, and DXO. I also own Aperture and find the best raw conversion seems to be from Nikon's own included View NX or Apples Aperture - both having the best color rendition and detail. JPEGs are pretty damn good too, might just stick to them.

I shoot RAW with my other cameras (Pentax K5 and a couple of Olympus cameras), but the trouble for me with the V2 is that I am still running an old OS on my iMac (10.5.8), and haven't upgraded because my old versions of Photoshop and Illustrator won't run on anything later. Also, I use RAW Converter (Iridient Digital) as my conversion software for my other cameras, but the version I have won't run on any later system, and it won't process files from the 1 Nikon V2! I need to think about a new computer, but hate the thought of another learning curve! It looks like I'll be stuck shooting jpegs for a while, but they do look fine, as long as I get the exposure right.

I'm about to post some B&W shots from the V2 that I took today, riding around Saga. It will be in another thread. Look out for it, if you are interested in B&W.

-- hide signature --

rayk

rayk's gear list:rayk's gear list
Nikon 1 V2
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow