The ultimate mirrorless for legacy lenses?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
LincolnB
Senior MemberPosts: 3,679Gear list
Like?
The ultimate mirrorless for legacy lenses?
11 months ago

I just was reading that the new Sony A7 and A7R will support just about all 35mm legacy lenses in their original non-cropped glory. That's a good thing, because otherwise the lens selection for the FE mount sucks rocks. $999 for a 50mm f/1.8 ??? That's 8x what you pay for a CaNikon equivalent. $799 for a 35mm f/2.8??? Wow, they must be proud of that lens. For that kind of money I hope it focuses down to 0.1 meters with zero vignetting wide open!

I really could use the higher ISO of a FF camera and I love the idea of staying with mirrorless. I'd be able to use all my old legacy lenses and acquire additional high-quality manual focus lenses for cheap (relatively). But forget autofocus! Not at those prices!

Well, in any event it's nice to have options. It looks like the options for mirrorless cameras are only getting better and better, even if they aren't all home runs.

LincolnB's gear list:LincolnB's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Fujifilm X-E1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 II ASPH Mega OIS +4 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow