Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
rayk
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,212Gear list
Like?
Re: First pics with new (today) V2
In reply to Ross, 6 months ago

Ross wrote:

Hi Ray!

How are you, it has been a while. Good shots, I always liked your walk about piccies.

Hi Bob. I'm fine, thank you, but slowing down a little in my old age. Japan is a great place to just walk (or ride) about, and find colorful stuff to shoot.

I've had my V2 since April and I went the 18.5mm + 32mm route figuring that the sensor density would need the best optics. I still have the E-5 & M8 but needed something for the candid people stuff.

I got the 18.5mm as part of the 'special offer' kit, which was the 10-30mm zoom, which will become my most used lens, and the 18.5mm. I haven't used the 18.5mm yet, that's on the agenda for today, but if it is sharper than the 10-30mm, it will be really something.

I have also ordered the 30-110mm zoom, but I will only use that for the rare times I shoot some event, as I mostly shoot wide.

The V2 has turned out to be the best fun that I have had in a long while. Fast AF, face detect and cute appearance is a good formulae for grab shots. So far I am getting the output that I want from it and no complaint from the local crowd either.

I can't get over how small and light it is to carry, and it was certainly easy to get used to, and fun to shoot with. I can imagine it would be a good street shooter's camera.

Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.

I hope so too, thanks. I'm sure I will. Nice to hear from you.

-- hide signature --

rayk

rayk's gear list:rayk's gear list
Nikon 1 V2
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow