Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RealPancho
Contributing MemberPosts: 981Gear list
Like?
How hard is this to get right?
6 months ago

Okay, if this irritates any of you, please accept my apologies in advance.

Not long ago, I read a post that alluded to the difference(s) between the OMD, GX7, and E-M1. This is like discussing the differences between your Ford, your Camaro, and your Mustang. An E-M1 IS an OM-D, for crying out loud! For months, I have seen two Olympus cameras, the OM-D E-M1 and E-M5, referred to by a perplexing assortment of names, several of which were incorrect. Why in the world is this so hard to get right? In addition to the E-Ps, E-PLs, and E-PMs, there are Gs, GHs, and GXs in the Panasonic line that people always seem to get right, so I just don’t understand why so many have such trouble with the OM-D line.

I remember reading reviews of the E-M5, long before there was an E-M1, that referred to the former as being “the most unfortunately named camera _____,” which to me, seemed a completely idiotic comment. Is it the hyphens? Is that why Panasonic can get away unscathed with their DMC-GX7KS? Eight characters is okay, as long as there’s only one hyphen? I just don’t get it. Crazy kids these days! I need a nap.

-- hide signature --

Frank

RealPancho's gear list:RealPancho's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 Olympus E-620 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +9 more
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow